Sunday, July 20, 2008

The events of last week

So.... going 5 whole days without blogging did infact almost kill me. I took lots of pictures because I knew the day would come when our internet would actually work again and I could blog. So here without further delay are the events of last week!

The perks of living on a golf course!


WE get a lot of balls at night when we take walks. And the kids and I always count the number of strange men meandering through our backyard, because we know that later we will find what they are looking for. David seperates the balls in two categories " playable" meaning the Titlest, Nike, Calaway. and the "Doesn't deserve to be playing on a private course" which are the cheap walmart balls that he lets Riley play with.


Baby got some new wheels!

A HUGE thank you to the Charon's who provided the means to buy baby a new car seat and stroller.


Riley had to make sure it passed the weight and durability test. Check!


This week I baked the yummest treat ever!

These are layered peperment brownies. Nuff said, right! Notice that this is only a picture of 1/2 the pan. That's right, the intention was to eat the whole dang thing, but something or should I say someone got in the way......


This was all that survived. So sad. If anyone wants the recipe just let me know. My good friend Jeanette made these for me and I am determined to share the wealth.

The week as a whole was a success. Riley managed to get into minimal trouble, we went to the pool, and just relaxed and listened to the rain. We had another good friend, Celeste and her son Carson visit, and we sure were sad to see them go.

Riley and Carson playing with water in the kitchen sink.

Cason dunking his oreos in milk. What a cutie!

6 comments:

Westbrooks said...

We are glad to here that you had a good week! It sounds like you are enjoying your time spent there in Flag. Has David taken the MCAT or know where he will be attending school next? I hope all is well your kids are still as cute as ever! I may be coming through August 2nd if you are around maybe I'll stop by and say hello! We missed you the last time you were driving through! We sure miss the Barb Buster across the street and all the yummy food you treated us to! Hope to here back from ya :) Westbrooks

Nichole Christensen said...

Oh my goodness. Can I have that recipe PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nichole Christensen said...

That would be faaaantastic! nicholemaria@gmail.com :) Thanks, Barb! We miss you guys!

Alice said...

i can't believe how grown up your kids are. Crazy how they grow so fast!

Jill said...

Go Ry, he knows what the good stuff is!! Chicken, no way! PBJ sandwich, not a change. Chocolate brownies with yummy mint and more choc on top, HECK YAAAAA. But you know that it was Keagan that ate the first half and then put Ry guy in front of it just in time for you to catch him.

Erica said...

Add me to the list of recipe-wanters! Those things looked scrumptious!!!