Sunday, November 1, 2009

SUCCESS! That is how I would describe our night last night. We attended our ward's Trunk or Treat, then hit the streets for some good ol' door to door candy extravaganza! We went to a neighborhood that has houses that are closer together to make for easy walking.
Every house we would come to, the Snow Princess and Buzz would run to the door, ring the door bell, and the moment they answered Keagan would say, "trick or treat" and Riley would ask, "Do you have dogs?" (My son is deathly afraid of dogs) I think people were asking if he had "dots" like the candy. Some would hear him and say, "no darling, no dogs here" It was just so out of his comfort zone, but the love of candy pushed him through!
We carried Maddy and we pushed a stroller, so Riley would jump on and ride from house to house. Keagan was too excited to hold still for more than a minute... I think she ended up running to every house! We had a great night, we were home by 7 to pass out candy, and yep you guessed it... NOT ONE! So we have LOTS of candy that we will be freezing for next year.






Keagan:

There was no surprise that Keagan wanted to be a Princess, it was just which one... She decided that being warm was a factor, so she chose to be a Snow Princess instead of a Ballerina princess. I painted her nails red and she has been diva-ish ever since. We invited her little friend Kyla from school to join us at our Trunk or Treat. I think they had a good time.



Riley:


Riley had a hard time deciding what or who he was going to be. Last year we pretty much had to hog-tie him to get him to dress up, so this year was an improvement because he was willing, just undecided. He went back and forth between a cowboy or Buzz. He said, "what about a cowboy Buzz?" Um... I guess so.. but when we left he forgot his gun, so he was just Buzz.




Maddy:

Miss Madilyn was a little lion *duh* I tied a pink bow in her main so people would know she was a little girl :) We originally bought this costume for Riley when he was this little. She looked so darling, and she actually didn't mind keeping the head piece on... I think because it was SO DANG COLD!




C A N D Y T I M E!!!



Keagan sorted all of her candy, just like what I used to do when I was little. She was so busy sorting that she didn't really eat any last night. She actually got SO much candy that she needed two big ziplocs. I say she had a successful night!




Maddy didn't get any candy but that didn't stop her from eating some! She crawled over and picked up a sucker from Keagan's pile, and we didn't think anything of it, well... about 5 minutes later I realize she is sucking on that sucker and oh-so proud of herself for unwrapping it!




Riley's stash! He was so funny, we have to pick through it to find all the candies with nuts, and while we were doing that he was picking through Keagan's pile. I guess he thought that was fair.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Barb, cute pics. I agree with Riley, "if you take candy out you have to replace that candy!" SMART KID! I love Halloween. It is so much fun with kids. :)

Amber said...

so jealous of all the candy! we should have stayed in town.