Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Riley update


Riley's surgery went VERY well according to the Dr. He said that the tonsils were covered in "Crap" was the official term used. His Dr. said there was so much infection down underneath the tonsils that it was a GOOD thing they were removed.

Because my son has a LOVE of medical facility's (NOT) he was lucky enough (SARCASM) to stay two days after this supposed "out patient" surgery. His oxygen levels tanked to the 60's and even today when we took Riley in for a check up they said that he needed oxygen at home. YIKES! So now my little man has oxygen hooked up to him 24-7. I feel so sad for him, but he is handling it well.

By way of tonsils, he is healing. We had a trip to CALIFORNIA planned, to go have some fun, but today at the doctor's office, our Dr. called the surgeon and he told us Riley DOES NOT have clearance to leave. So... we are here.

Other updates:

NONE. Just the overwhelming stress I feel everyday as deadlines get closer and plans are needing to be made. I wish I knew that David was into a medical school, I wish I knew the outcome of my heart, I wish I knew how to pack this house all while not lifting more than 22 pounds. I wish I could have more babies. Just a lot of wishing, with no well in sight.

7 comments:

Letterpress said...

Your writing is magnificent, and moving. I think you summed up your life pretty well, and with a perfectly formed "poet's turn" at the end.

Lovely, my lovely daughter. We'll see you in a couple of weeks.

love you,
Mom

Alice said...

I'm sorry about all of that. I"m glad Riley's surgery went well. I'm without tonsils too and let me tell you...it's WAY BETTER!!!!

Sharon said...

"Wish" I had a well to throw your way. I'm wishin' and hopin' that you get answers soon.

Oh, and YOU can't pack a house lifting only 22 lbs, but there is an army of ward members/friends/family waiting in the wings to help, as soon as you say the word.

Tiffany said...

Yes . . . we will help you pack don't move a thing woman! Hope you all have a happy 4th! Can't wait to have Riley back in nursery ... hang in there.

Monica said...

Good luck...what a life you live. I seriously wish I could bring you a loaf of fresh bread, or something. But, I'm not baking ANYTHING in this Phoenix heat. I really hope you hear soon from a school so you know if you're in. But, one thing I have learned is that the Lord knows what is best. It's hard because we can't see the future like He can. I think about you often and hope things start turning around for you!

Josh, Darci, & Ainsley Bentley said...

Im glad that Rileys surgery went well. He'll get all the way better, kids are strange sometimes:o). Try not to stress about getting into medical school, it WILL happen...maybe not where you want or when, but God has HIS plans made out for us. If you guys do have to move, call us! We'll help you! Dont' try to do everything on your own. Have you thought about getting a second opinion about your heart and babies? I would, especially if you guys are so passionant about growing your family. Josh was explaining your condition to me and I think if you want to, you should get more opinions, just to make sure....won't hurt anything, might make it better! If not, just know you have family and friends that are always there for you, talking is one of the first steps of healing. You can always call me too if you want to talk, we can gossip and stuff:o)

Letterpress said...

That picture of Riley is so sad. I hope he's feeling better now.