As we take down Christmas decorations and start getting back into everyday life I find myself with a strong desire to simplify. Our RS lesson today was on simplifying and it just sounded so nice. We recieved a gift from David's Grandma, it's a simple statment that I now find myself wanting to live by, and here it is:
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without"
With the economy the way it is, and with our financial situation I think that we could really benefit from those words. It seems like we live in such a disposable society and it drives me crazy. The fact that Target had a whole isle of junky toys for stockings tells me we are buying things that just don't need. So I am taking a stand, actually I am sitting, but really I plan on changing my thinking which in the end will really help out our check book and financies.
Birthday Cheer
10 years ago



4 comments:
AMEN sister!!! I know exactly what you mean, I have a SERIOUS shopping problem! Maybe we could have like a 12 step program?!?! :) How is Mommy hood for THREE!!?!?! I only have Two weeks and I am starting to get a Little NeRvOuS!
You go girl - you can do it!
I think this is a good idea. Just don't throw out the heirlooms!
When we moved to DC, I went through every room (it took me a long time) and purged, purged, purged. Leisa carted an entire truck bed of stuff for me to DIs. We condensed down everything and it felt so great to not have to "take care of" stuff. I guess your idea--of just not bringing it in the house in the first place is a better idea.
Again--just don't throw out the treasures!
That is good advice! Sorry that I missed you came to visit!
Post a Comment